Map of n. eastern Virginia and vicinity of Washington surveys for military defenses / compiled at Topographical Engineers office at Division headquarters ofGeneral Irvin McDowell.
About this Item
- Map of n. eastern Virginia and vicinity of Washington surveys for military defenses / compiled at Topographical Engineers office at Division headquarters ofGeneral Irvin McDowell.
- Varying Form of Title
- Map of north eastern Virginia and vicinity of Washington
- Main Entry - Corporate Name
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79069640 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n79069640
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Schedler, J. (Joseph) http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n88080623 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n88080623
- Alexander, Samuel. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n89603920 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n89603920
- [Arlington, Va. : The Corps], 1862.
- 1 map : mounted on cloth ; 167 x 127 cm
- Relief shown by hachures.
- "Arlington, January 1st 1862 from published and manuscript maps corrected by recent Surveys and Reconnaissances."
- "Engraved on stone by J. Schedler No. 120 Pearl St. N.Y."
- Includes table of "Elevations above tide water", "Geological profile of Loudoun County" and list of "Data used in compilation."
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Virginia Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79022909 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n79022909
- Washington (D.C.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2008117384
- Map Data
- Scale [1:63,360]. 1 in. to the mile (W 78°25'--W 76°56'/N 39°20'--N 38°20').
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 63360 W0782500 W0765600 N0392000 N0382000
- Local note
- Manuscript note reads "This map has seen much hard sevice in several of the campaignes and hard-fought battles of the Army of the Potomac. presented by S. Alexander, Topograhical Engnr, 3rd Corps Army of the Potomac, Ann Arbor, Mich. Oct. 18th, 1905."
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 19376 x 12840
- File Size
- 27 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Map of n. eastern Virginia and vicinity of Washington surveys for military defenses / compiled at Topographical Engineers office at Division headquarters ofGeneral Irvin McDowell.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-000081818/39015091898117_01. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed February 05, 2023.