[Map of part of northeastern Virginia] This map is the result of horseback surveys made by the writer and donor and other members.
About this Item
- [Map of part of northeastern Virginia] This map is the result of horseback surveys made by the writer and donor and other members.
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Alexander, Samuel. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n89603920 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n89603920
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Schedler, J. (Joseph) http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n88080623 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n88080623
- Added Entry - Corporate Name
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79069640 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n79069640
- [New York, N.Y.? : s.n.], 1864.
- 1 map : mounted on cloth ; 72 x 91 cm
- Relief shown by contours.
- "Engraved by J. Schedler 120 Pearl St. N.York."
- Manuscript note reads "This map is the result of horseback surveys made by the writer and donor and other members of the Topograhical Department of the Army of the Potomac and was used by Gen'l Hancock in Grant's first campaign in Virginia in the Sring of 1864. S. Alexander, Topographic Engineer, 3rd Corps Army of the Potomac. 822 Oakland Ave, Ann Arbor, Mich., Oct. 18th, 1905."
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Virginia Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79022909 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n79022909
- Culpeper County (Va.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79132415 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n79132415
- United States History Civil War, 1861-1865 Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85140246
- Map Data
- Scale [1:63,360]. 1 in. to the mile. (W 78°20'--W 77°32'/N 38°42'--N 38°17').
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 63360 W0782000 W0773200 N0384200 N0381700
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 12568 x 14624
- File Size
- 14 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"[Map of part of northeastern Virginia] This map is the result of horseback surveys made by the writer and donor and other members.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-000081817/39015091898182_01. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed February 08, 2023.