Battle field of Young's Branch or Manassa Plains battle fought July 21, 1861 / relief survey and map by James L. Bowen, topographical engineer.
About this Item
- Battle field of Young's Branch or Manassa Plains battle fought July 21, 1861 / relief survey and map by James L. Bowen, topographical engineer.
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Bowen, James L. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n88080625 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n88080625
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Alexander, Samuel. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n89603920 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n89603920
- Added Entry - Corporate Name
- Warder & Catlett. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n88080626 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n88080626
- [Virginia?] : Warder & Catlett, [1861?]
- 1 map : mounted on cloth ; 52 x 44 cm
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Shows disposition of troops.
- Diagram showing shape and height of hills: "Scale of hills. Datum line, Young's Branch at the Stone house."
- "Linear survey by Warder & Catlett, surveyors and publishers."
- "Lith. of Hoyer & Ludwig. Richmond, Va."
- Includes "explanations" and guide to symbols.
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term
- Bull Run, 1st Battle of, Va., 1861 Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2009117866
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- United States History Civil War, 1861-1865 Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85140246
- Map Data
- Scale [1:11,800] :15 chains to the in. (W 77°10'--W 77°10'/N 38°30'--N 38°30').
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 11800 W0771000 W0771000 N0383000 N0383000
- Local note
- Manuscript note reads "The Above map represents a portion of the field of the first battle of Bull run. It was made by the Topographical Department of the Southern Army. S. Alexander Topographer 3rd Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, Ann Arbor Mich., Oct. 18th 1905.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 7896 x 8952
- File Size
- 7 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Battle field of Young's Branch or Manassa Plains battle fought July 21, 1861 / relief survey and map by James L. Bowen, topographical engineer.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-000081816/39015091898216. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed January 30, 2023.