Map of the country occupied by the Federal and Confederate armies on the 8th. & 21st. July 1861 by Warder & Catlett, surveyors & publishers.
About this Item
- Map of the country occupied by the Federal and Confederate armies on the 8th. & 21st. July 1861 by Warder & Catlett, surveyors & publishers.
- Main Entry - Corporate Name
- Warder & Catlett. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n88080626 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n88080626
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Alexander, Samuel. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n89603920 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n89603920
- [Virginia?] : Warder & Catlett, [1861?]
- 1 map : mounted on cloth ; 37 x 28 cm
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Shows disposition and movement of troops at the First Battle of Bull Run.
- "Lith. of Hoyer & Ludwig. Richmond, Va."
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term
- Bull Run, 1st Battle of, Va., 1861 Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2009117866
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- United States History Civil War, 1861-1865 Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85140246
- Map Data
- Scale [1:39,600]. 50 chains to l in. (W 77°10'--W 77°10'/N 38°30'--N 38°30').
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 39600 W0771000 W0771000 N0383000 N0383000
- Local note
- Manuscript note reads "Presented by S. Alexander 822 Oakland Ave. Ann Arbor, formerly Topographical Enginer 3rd Corps Army of the Potomac."
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 4864 x 6304
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Map of the country occupied by the Federal and Confederate armies on the 8th. & 21st. July 1861 by Warder & Catlett, surveyors & publishers.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-000081809/39015091898232. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed June 09, 2023.