- Title marc245
- An improved map of the surveyed parts of the Territory of Michigan on a scale of 8 miles to an inch by John Farmer.
- Main Entry - Personal Name marc100
- Farmer, John, 1798-1859.
- Published marc260
- [Albany, N.Y. : Farmer],
- Description marc300
- 1 map : 49 x 78 cm.
- Note marc500
- "Longitude west from Washington".
- Townships and range lines indicated for surveyed areas.
- "V. Balch & S. Stiles, engravers, N.Y.".
- Insets: Maps of the Straits of Michillimackinac; Map of the Pte. Ste. Ignace; Map of the most important parts of the lead mine district near the Mississippi river; Map of the private claims at Green Bay; Map of Michillimackinac Isle.
- Negative photostat copy (6 sheets joined) of original in Burton Historical Collection.
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name marc651
- Michigan Maps.
- Map Data marc255
- Scale [1:506,880]. 8 miles to an inch. (W 86°50'00"--W 82°22'00"/N 43°47'00"--N 41°26'00").
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data marc034
- a 506880 W0865000 W0822200 N0434700 N0412600
1317 images/descriptions are openly available.
This map is in the public domain. Please attribute access and use of this digitized map to the Stephen S. Clark Library, University of Michigan Library.
- Add to Portfolio