- Title marc245
- An improved map of the surveyed parts of the Territory of Michigan on a scale of 8 miles to an inch by John Farmer.
- Main Entry - Personal Name marc100
- Farmer, John, 1798-1859.
- Published marc260
- [Albany, N.Y. : Farmer],
- Description marc300
- 1 map : 49 x 78 cm.
- Note marc500
- "Longitude west from Washington".
- Townships and range lines indicated for surveyed areas.
- "V. Balch & S. Stiles, engravers, N.Y.".
- Insets: Maps of the Straits of Michillimackinac; Map of the Pte. Ste. Ignace; Map of the most important parts of the lead mine district near the Mississippi river; Map of the private claims at Green Bay; Map of Michillimackinac Isle.
- Negative photostat copy (6 sheets joined) of original in Burton Historical Collection.
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name marc651
- Michigan Maps.
- Map Data marc255
- Scale [1:506,880]. 8 miles to an inch. (W 86°50'00"--W 82°22'00"/N 43°47'00"--N 41°26'00").
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data marc034
- a 506880 W0865000 W0822200 N0434700 N0412600
- Scan Date scan_date
1735 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- Add to Portfolio