Map of the state of Michigan and the surrounding country, exhibiting the sections and the latest surveys compiled from authentic sources by John Farmer.
About this Item
- Map of the state of Michigan and the surrounding country, exhibiting the sections and the latest surveys compiled from authentic sources by John Farmer.
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Farmer, John, 1798-1859. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/nr00018466 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|nr00018466
- Detroit, Mich. : [s.n.], 1854.
- 1 map : col., mounted on cloth, encapsulated in Mylar with barrier sheet ; 81 x 54 cm
- Shows major cities and towns.
- Shows surveyed counties.
- "Note. Michigan is bounded west by Lake Michigan, Menomonie river of Green Bay and Montreal river of Lake Superior."
- "Entered according to Act of Congress in the clerks office of the District Court of the United States for the District of Michigan."
- Inset map: "Plat of the copper district on Lake Superior."
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Michigan Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n80046126 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n80046126
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1:750,000] (W 88°30'--W 82°00'/N 46°30'--N 41°30').
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 750000 W0883000 W0823000 N0463000 N0413000
- Local note
- Several burn holes on MiU copy.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 13752 x 9880
- File Size
- 16 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Map of the state of Michigan and the surrounding country, exhibiting the sections and the latest surveys compiled from authentic sources by John Farmer.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-000081166/39015091899198. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 29, 2023.