Map of the state of Michigan from the best authorities and most recent surveys compiled & drawn by S.N. Gaston.
About this Item
- Map of the state of Michigan from the best authorities and most recent surveys compiled & drawn by S.N. Gaston.
- Item Description
- Sheet 1 of 6
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Gaston, S.A.
- New York, N.Y. : Gaston & Johnston, 1856.
- 1 map on six sheets ; 104 x 114 cm, sheets 52 x 38 cm
- Negative photostat.
- Greenwich and Washington prime meridians.
- Includes "description of Michigan" listings position, history, climate, internal improvements, geology and mineralogy, and animals.
- Includes a statistial table of Michigan.
- Lists surveyors and civil engineers.
- Shows surveyed counties.
- Shows major cities and towns.
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Michigan Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n80046126 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n80046126
- Map Data
- Scale 1:6,500,000 (W 90°30'--W 82°12'/N 47°30'--N 41°40').
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 650000 W0903000 W0821200 N0473000 N0414000
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 11336 x 7832
- File Size
- 5 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Map of the state of Michigan from the best authorities and most recent surveys compiled & drawn by S.N. Gaston.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-000080674/39015091898778_01. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed: May 22, 2022.
- Brief citatation
University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. UM Clark Library Maps. Accessed: May 22, 2022.