Library Marketing: From Passion to PracticeSkip other details (including permanent urls, DOI, citation information)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to use this work in a way not covered by the license. :
For more information, read Michigan Publishing's access and usage policy.
- ACRL Research Planning and Review Committee. (2015, March). Environmental scan 2015. Retrieved from http://www.ala.org/acrl/sites/ala.org.acrl/files/content/publications/whitepapers/EnvironmentalScan15.pdf
- Adamson, A. (2017, May 5). How Marketing Hall of Famers from Facebook, P&G and IBM shift ahead before it’s too late. Forbes. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/allenadamson/2017/05/05/how-marketing-hall-of-famers-from-facebook-pg-and-ibm-shift-ahead-before-its-too-late/#22e44fae68b7
- Almquist, A. (2014). The innovative academic library: Implementing a marketing orientation to better address user needs and improve communication. Journal of Library Innovation, 5(1), 43–54.
- American Library Association. (2017, January). 2017 ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries award winners announced [Press release]. Retrieved from http://www.ala.org/news/press-releases/2017/01/2017-acrl-excellence-academic-libraries-award-winners-announced
- American Library Association. (2016). Introduction. In K. Rosa (Ed.), State of America’s libraries report (pp. 5–6). Retrieved from http://www.ala.org/news/state-americas-libraries-report-2016/introduction
- American Library Association. (n.d.). Libraries transform campaign. Libraries Transform. Retrieved from http://www.ala.org/transforminglibraries/libraries-transform-campaign
- American Marketing Association. (2013). About AMA. Retrieved from https://www.ama.org/AboutAMA/Pages/Definition-of-Marketing.aspx
- Bell, S. (2015). Evolution in higher education matters to libraries. In N. Allen (Ed.), New roles for the road ahead: Essays commissioned for ACRL’s 75th anniversary (pp. 13–18). Chicago, IL: Association of College and Resource Libraries. Retrieved from http://www.ala.org/acrl/sites/ala.org.acrl/files/content/publications/whitepapers/new_roles_75th.pdf
- Brinckerhoff, P. C. (2010). Mission-based marketing: Positioning your not-for-profit in an increasingly competitive world (3rd ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- Coldren, C. (2006, January 31). Four factors that distinguish services marketing. MarketingProfs. Retrieved from http://www.marketingprofs.com/6/coldren2.asp
- Cowell, A. (2017, January 8). Social media at the College of New Jersey Library. In the Library with the Lead Pipe. Retrieved from http://www.inthelibrarywiththeleadpipe.org/2017/social-media-tcnj/
- Eisenhower, C. (2011, February 2). From cost-center to profit-center: Academic libraries and the corporatization of higher ed [Blog post]. Retrieved from https://www.insidehighered.com/blogs/university_of_venus/from_cost_center_to_profit_center_academic_libraries_and_the_corporatization_of_higher_ed
- Khan, M. T. (2014). The concept of “marketing mix” and its elements (A conceptual review paper). International Journal of Information, Business and Management, 6(2), 95–107.
- Kotler, P., Kartajaya, H., & Setiawan, I. (2010). Marketing 3.0: From products to customers to the human spirit. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Lang, B., & Hyde, K. F. (2013). Word of mouth: What we know and what we have yet to learn. Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction & Complaining Behavior, 26, 1–18.
- McClelland, T. (2014). What exactly do you do here? Marketing-related jobs in public and academic libraries. Journal of Library Administration, 54(5), 347–367. doi:10.1080/01930826.2014.946736
- McGraw-Hill Education. (2016). The changing role of libraries. Retrieved from https://learn.mheducation.com/rs/303-FKF-702/images/Whitepaper_AccessEducation_RoleofLibraries_10-2016_v4%20%283%29.pdf
- Parker, R., Kaufman-Scarborough, C., & Parker, J. (2007). Libraries in transition to a marketing orientation: Are librarians’ attitudes a barrier? International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, 12, 320–337. doi:10.1002/nvsm.295
- Perreault, W. D., Jr., & McCarthy, E. J. (2005). Basic marketing: A global-managerial approach (15th ed.). Homewood, IL: Irwin.
- Rosner, D., & Markowitz, G. (2013, April 23). Why it took decades of blaming parents before we banned lead paint. The Atlantic. Retrieved from https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/04/why-it-took-decades-of-blaming-parents-before-we-banned-lead-paint/275169/
- Schultz, H., & Gordon, J. (2012). Onward: How Starbucks fought for its life without losing its soul. Emmaus, PA: Rodale. [Kindle version]. Retrieved from Amazon.com.
- Straumsheim, C. (2017, March 24). The library has never been more important. Inside Higher Ed. Retrieved from https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2017/03/24/arizona-state-u-library-reorganization-plan-moves-ahead
- Timberland. (n.d.). New product standards set pace to achieve our 2020 goals. Retrieved from https://www.timberland.com/responsibility/stories/new-product-standards-2020-goals.html
- Wanamaker, J. (1999, March 29). Advertising age: The advertising century. Retrieved from http://adage.com/article/special-report-the-advertising-century/john-wanamaker/140185/
- Wolff, C. (2017, April 3). Ithaka S+R US library survey 2016. Retrieved from http://www.sr.ithaka.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/SR_Report_Library_Survey_2016_04032017.pdf