Athletic Department (University of Michigan) records: 1860-2017
Additional Descriptive Data
The Bentley Historical Library hold numerous collections of personal papers and University of Michigan record groups which contain material relating to Michigan Athletics. These include papers of former coaches and athletic administrators; records of various university administrative offices which dealt with athletic matters; personal papers of U of M students which frequently include scrapbooks photographs and memorabilia; and collections of several photo studios. The library has a complete set of The Michiganensian, the school yearbook and it predecessors and an extensive collection of publications about University of Michigan athletics. Consult MIRLYN, the university's on-line catalog for a comprehensive listing. Among the more significant manuscript collections and record groups are:
- Athletic Managers Club records, 1922-1969.
- Bennie Gaylord Oosterbaan papers, 1921-1981.
- Board in Control of Intercollegiate Athletics (University of Michigan) records, 1879 and 1891-1988.
- Charles Baird papers, 1892-1933.
- Clifford Keen papers, 1925-1985.
- Dept. of Physical Education for Women (University of Michigan) records, 1878-1972.
- Don Canham papers, 1968-1988.
- Eunice L. Burns papers, 1960-1990.
- Fielding Harris Yost papers, ca. 1900-1971.
- H. O. Crisler papers, 1922-1978.
- Harry G. Kipke papers, 1917-1938.
- Ivory Photo photograph collection.
- James Orin Murfin papers, 1896-1940.
- John R. Behee sound recordings.
- Joyce Lindeman papers, 1955-1984.
- Marie D. Hartwig papers, 1927-1988.
- Michigan Daily photograph series. (1963-1995)
- News and Information Services (University of Michigan) photograph series.
- Ralph Stone papers, 1882-1956.
- Rentschler's Studio photograph collection.
- University of Michigan photographs vertical file.
- Walter DeWitt Graham scrapbooks, 1900-1908.
- Wilfred Byron Shaw visual materials series.
- Women's Athletic Association (University of Michigan) records, 1905-1962.
- Women's Athletics (University of Michigan) records, 1972-[ongoing].