School of Social Work (University of Michigan) records: 1935-2010
full text File Size: 276 K bytes | how to request materials

Collection Scope and Content Note

The records document the founding and development of the School of Social Work from its inception as the Institute of Health and Social Sciences (later renamed as Institute of Public and Social Administration) in 1935, to its subsequent reorganization as the School of Social Work in 1951. The proposed merger with Wayne State University in 1950 is also well documented. The strength of this record group consists of 59 years of minutes (1935-1994), which include proceedings from executive, faculty, and curriculum committees.

Show all series level scope and content notes