Media Resources Center (University of Michigan) records, 1948-1987: 1948-1987, 1930s, 1948-1986
Media Resources Center (University of Michigan) records, 1948-1987
University of Michigan. Media Resources Center.
35 linear feet, 2500 items
Portions located in offsite storage; prior notification required for access.
The television production studio and media services unit of the University of Michigan, commonly referred to as "Michigan Media." It was formed in 1978 through the merger of the university Television Center and the university Audio-Visual Education Center. The Television Center began producing educational programs for broadcast on commercial and public stations in 1950. The Audio-Visual Education Center produced films for the university and operated a film distribution library. The Media Resources Center closed in 1986. The record group consists of administrative records including Broadcasting Committee minutes, annual reports, unit review material, correspondence, and budget material; scripts for television programs and films; press releases; telecourse outlines and study guides; and brochures and catalogs; also photographs; and films.851831 Bimu C473 2
The material is in English
Bentley Historical Library
1150 Beal Ave.Finding aid created by Greg Kinney, 1990 (with assistance of Doris Attaway)
Ann Arbor, MI
Home Page: http://www.bentley.umich.edu/