Almon Watson McCall papers: 1924-1970
Almon Watson McCall papers
McCall, Almon Watson, 1905-1970
3 linear feet
Newspaperman in Grand Haven, Michigan, papers contain correspondence, newspaper clippings, pamphlets, and other material relating to his newspaper career.
851742 Aa 2
The material is in English
Bentley Historical Library
1150 Beal Ave.Finding aid created by Michigan Historical Collections Staff
Ann Arbor, MI
Home Page: http://www.bentley.umich.edu/
Access and Use
The collection is open to research.
To protect fragile audiovisual recordings (such as audio cassettes, film reels, and VHS tapes), the Bentley Historical Library has a policy of converting them to digital formats by a professional vendor whenever a researcher requests access. For more information, please see: http://bentley.umich.edu/research/duplication/.
Copyright is held by the Regents of the University of Michigan but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright is not held. Patrons are responsible for determining the appropriate use or reuse of materials.
[item], folder, box, Almon Watson McCall papers, Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan
Grand Haven, Ottawa County newspaperman.
Collection Scope and Content Note
Contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, pamphlets, and other material relating to his newspaper career, particularly his activities with the American Press Institute, the Michigan League of Home Dailies, the Michigan Press Association and the Associated Press; also student papers and manuscripts of articles and stories, and historical data on Grand Haven and Spring Lake.
This collection is indexed under the following headings in the finding aid database and catalog of The Bentley Historical Library/University of Michigan. Researchers desiring additional information about related topics should search the catalog using these headings.
- Grand Haven (Mich.)
- Journalists -- Michigan -- Grand Haven.
- Newspaper editors -- Michigan -- Grand Haven.
- Ottawa County (Mich.)
- Spring Lake (Mich.)
- Associated Press.
- McCall, Almon Watson, 1905-1970.
- Michigan League of Home Dailies.
- Michigan Press Association.
- Michigan Press Institute.
- Beukema, John C., 1888-1967.
- Brown, Prentiss M. (Prentiss Marsh), 1889-1973.
- Couzens, James, 1872-1936.
- Detzer, Karl, 1891-1987.
- Ford, Gerald R., 1913-2006.
- Hannah, John A., 1902-1991.
- Jonkman, Bartel J. (Bartel John), 1884-1955.
- Knox, Frank, 1874-1944.
- Lawrence, Howard Cyrus, 1890-1961.
- Mapes, Carl Edgar, 1874-1939.
- Tufty, Esther Van Wagoner, -1986.
- Vandenberg, Arthur H. (Arthur Hendrick), 1884-1951.
- Van Wagoner, Murray Delos, 1898-
- Willkie, Wendell L. (Wendell Lewis), 1892-1944.
- Ziegler, Charles M., 1888-1959.