Ernest James McCall papers: 1897-1900, 1918-1950
Ernest James McCall papers
McCall, Ernest James, 1873-1950
0.3 linear feet
Correspondence and miscellanea relating to Michigan Republican politics and to his journalistic career.851736 Aa 2
The material is in English
Bentley Historical Library
1150 Beal Ave.Finding aid created by Michigan Historical Collections Staff
Ann Arbor, MI
Home Page: http://www.bentley.umich.edu/
Access and Use
The collection is open to research.
To protect fragile audiovisual recordings (such as audio cassettes, film reels, and VHS
tapes), the Bentley Historical Library has a policy of converting them to digital
formats by a professional vendor whenever a researcher requests access. For more
information, please see: http://bentley.umich.edu/research/duplication/.
Copyright is held by the Regents of the University of Michigan but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright is not held. Patrons are responsible for determining the appropriate use or reuse of materials.
[item], folder, box, Ernest James McCall papers, Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan
Newspaperman from Mount Pleasant, Isabella County, and Grand Haven, Ottawa County.
Collection Scope and Content Note
Correspondence, and miscellanea relating to Michigan Republican politics, particularly to the election of 1918, and to his journalistic career; also student papers.
This collection is indexed under the following headings in the finding aid database and catalog of The Bentley Historical Library/University of Michigan. Researchers desiring additional information about related topics should search the catalog using these headings.
- Elections -- Michigan -- 1918.
- Grand Haven (Mich.)
- Isabella County (Mich.)
- Journalists -- Michigan -- Grand Haven.
- Journalists -- Michigan -- Mount Pleasant.
- Michigan -- Politics and government -- 1917-1921.
- Michigan -- Politics and government -- 1922-1928.
- Michigan -- Politics and government -- 1929-1938.
- Mount Pleasant (Mich.)
- American newspapers -- Michigan -- Grand Haven.
- Ottawa County (Mich.)
- American newspapers -- Michigan -- Mount Pleasant.
- Michigan -- Politics and government -- 1837-1950.
- Republican Party (Mich.)
- Currie, Gilbert, 1882-1960.
- DeFoe, Murl Holcomb, 1879-
- Hoffman, Clare Eugene, 1875-1967.
- Knox, Frank, 1874-1944.
- McCall, Jonathan Nicholson, 1857-
- Mapes, Carl Edgar, 1874-1939.
- Miller, Floyd Josiah, 1886-1954.
- Newberry, Truman Handy, 1864-1945.
- Townsend, Charles E. (Charles Elroy), 1856-1924.
- Tufty, Esther Van Wagoner, -1986.
- Vandenberg, Arthur H. (Arthur Hendrick), 1884-1951.
- Woodruff, Roy Orchard, 1876-1953.
Additional Descriptive Data
Currie, Gilbert Archibald, 1882-1960.DeFoe, Murl Holcomb, 1879-
Hoffman, Clare Eugene, 1875-1967-Knox, Frank, 1874-1944.McCall, Jonathan Nicholson, 1857-Mapes, Carl-,Edgar, 1874-1939.
- March 24, 1922; December 26, 1925
Miller, Floyd Josiah, 1886-1954.Newberry, Truman Handy, 1864-1945.
- March 17, November 21, November 26, 1927; April 16, 1931; December 9,1932
Townsend, Charles E. (Charles Elroy), 1856-1924.Tufty, Esther (Van Wagoner)Vandenberg, Arthur Hendrick, 1884-1951.
- June 6, 1921; April 24, 1922
Woodruff, Roy Orchard, 1876-1953.
- October 23, 1923; April 6, April 19, 1928; April 19, July 29,1947