Women's League for Conservative Judaism-Michigan Branch 1940-1992 [series]
The Women's League for Conservative Judaism (WLCJ) is a national organization that serves the educational, social, and leadership needs of the women within the conservative Jewish community. Originally formed on June 21, 1918 by Mathilde Schechter as the National Women's League of the United Synagogue, the league established various sisterhoods throughout the United States. Each Sisterhood conducts educational and social programs in addition to serving as important fundraising arms for their prospective congregations. As such, this series focuses on the relationship between and the activities of the WLCJ and the Beth Israel Sisterhood between the years of 1940 and 1992. The series includes specific data pertaining to annual and biennial conventions, WLCJ and Sisterhood administrative structures, accolades, bylaws, committee reports, constitutions, correspondence, meeting materials, membership directories, programs, and publications.