Kay Clifford papers: 1945-2010 (bulk 1954-1964)
Kay Clifford graduated from the University of Michigan in 1969 and was part of the first Peace Corps volunteer group trained in Uganda, serving there from 1969-1971. While serving in Uganda, she taught English at a secondary school for girls run by Italian nuns. Clifford later served as the Associate Director of the University of Michigan’s International Center, briefly acting as the Interim Director. During her time as Associate Director for the International Center, Clifford served in the National Association of Foreign Student Advisers (NAFSA) as the Chair of the Council of Advisors for Foreign Students and Scholars (CAFSS) from 1995-1996. She was also a member of the steering committee, and Program Coordinator, for the University of Michigan’s 50th Anniversary celebration of the Peace Corps in 2010. She collected materials for the celebration, which were used to create the exhibit, “U-M and the Peace Corps: It All Started Here.”
Bonnie A. Harris McKenna was a Peace Corps volunteer who received her training at the University of Michigan. She served in Thailand as a medical technician from 1962-1964, primarily serving in the town of Ratchaburi, but also spending part of 1963 working in Vietnam.