Canterbury House, Ann Arbor, Mich. records: 1930-2008
full text File Size: 67 K bytes | how to request materials

Summary Information

Title: Canterbury House, Ann Arbor, Mich. records
Creator: Canterbury House (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
Inclusive dates: 1930-2008
Extent: 5 linear feet
Extent: 1 oversize folder
Abstract:
Episcopal student chaplaincy established in 1945 as the Episcopal Student Foundation to minister to University of Michigan students. The activities of the ministry were centered in Canterbury House (various locations). The Canterbury House ministry functioned both as a coffee house and as a performance hall for folk and jazz artists. The record group divides into three series. History and background materials include histories, promotional materials, and newspaper articles. The Episcopal Student Foundation Board of Trustees series consists of minutes, financial records, correspondence, and files relating to building facilities. The Canterbury series documents non-administrative activities, including staffing, chaplain activities, and programs and performances sponsored. This series also includes photographs, sound recordings, and files relating to the Institute of Public Theology and the conferences sponsored by it.
Call number: 0648 Ba 2; Ba Out
Language: The material is in English
Repository: Bentley Historical Library
1150 Beal Ave.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2113
Phone: 734-764-3482
Fax: 734-936-1333
e-mail: bentley.ref@umich.edu
Home Page: http://www.bentley.umich.edu/
Finding aid created by Ursula Arnold, 2006