Dept. of Human Genetics (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Dept. of Human Genetics.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Correspondence & Administrative Material
In March 1912, the Board of Regents voted to move "the so-called Monroe house on North Ingalls St., occupying a portion of the site of the Hill Memorial Auditorium" to the court north off 1135 East Catherine Street. The building served as residence for approximately fourteen physicians and interns from the Catherine Street Hospitals. Later the building was used by the Laboratory of Vertebrate Biology. Then, it became the first Heredity Clinic, which was established as early as 1941 along with the Department of Human Heredity.