UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Statuary, monuments, etc. Class boulders and trees. no. 288
Largest of 5 peal of bells presented to the university in 1883 by Andrew D. White, James J. Hagerman, and Edward C. Hegeler. From 1883 to 1936 the five bells were first in the Library Tower and then in the tower of the Old Engineering Building. In 1942 they were melted down for the war effort.