UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. School of Education. no. 281
Southeast view of building at corners of Monroe and East University. Building first housed University High School in 1924; University Elementary School added in 1930; later became UM School of Education. Perkins, Fellows & Hamilton, architects for University High School; Malcolmson & Higginbotham, architects for Elementary School (sw wing).
UBImusD13. Folder: Michigan Union (built 1919), interior views. no. 247
Irving Kane and Allen B. Pond, architects. Plans for the Union were on a scale unknown at the time for "club houses" in American colleges and universities: 250 feet long and 200 feet wide. Construction began in 1916 and owing to war time difficulties was not ready to be used by students until 1919. Two new wings to the south were completed in 1936 and 1938. Another addition was begun 1954-55. Verso: 7630 MICHIGAN UNION BLDG., University of Mich., Ann Arbor Floor of Men's smoking room Magnesium Oxychloride tiles put down in 1935. This is a very colorful floor. Colors are light, medium and dark grays and red. On image: 7630
UBImusD13. Folder: Michigan League and Lydia Mendelssohn Theatre, Interior and Exterior Views. no. 242
Photographer / Artist
George F. Korwin
View from the northwest corner showing contruction site with crane lifting metal frame. Korwin negative number 729. On verso: GEO.F.KORWIN COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHER ANN ARBOR, MICH. DIAL 4829 NEGATIVE NO. 729. (circular stamp) On image: U. of M. LEAGUE BLDG. POND & POND, MARTIN & LLOYD ARCH'S. LOVERING-LONGBOTHAM CONT'S MARCH 3, 1928 FROM NW COR. MAIN BLDG. PHOTO BY KORWIN, ANN ARBOR. 729