Back Row: Ray Roberts (trainer), Earl Martineau (Backfield coach), Cecil Freihofer, Jack Weisenburger, Dick Rifenburg, Quentin Sickels, Jerry Brielmaier, Warren Bentz, Benny Oosterbaan (End Coach), Clarence Munn (Line coach)
3rd Row: Henry Hatch (Custodian of Equipment), Tom Peterson, Harold Watts, John Lintol, George Burg, Tom Swift, Roger Chiaverini, Eugene Derricotte, Rawland Sylvester (Manager)
2nd Row: Ed Grier, Charles Wahl, John Weyers, Bill Culligan, Art LeRoux, Howard Yerges, Howard Mehaffey, Ralph Chubb
Front Row: Milan Lazetich, Bruce Hilkene, Joe Ponsetto, Fritz Crisler (Coach), Don Lund, Art Renner, Clem Bauman
UBImusD13. Folder: Michigan Union (built 1919), interior views. no. 247
Irving Kane and Allen B. Pond, architects. Plans for the Union were on a scale unknown at the time for "club houses" in American colleges and universities: 250 feet long and 200 feet wide. Construction began in 1916 and owing to war time difficulties was not ready to be used by students until 1919. Two new wings to the south were completed in 1936 and 1938. Verso: union ballroom decorated for inauguration of Harlan Hatcher.