The Rackham Building -- University of Michigan [From an etching]
Wilfred B. Shaw Papers
Shaw, Wilfred B., 1880-1959.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Image creator Shaw was General Secretary of the Alumni Association, 1904-1029 and Director of the Bureau of Alumni relations, 1929 -1950. He edited and illustrated the Michigan Alumnus and Michigan Alumnus Quarterly Review.
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Kelsey Museum of Archaeology, Exterior views. no. 214
Cornerstone laid May 26, 1888; dedicated June 1891. Gift of Helen H. Newberry of Detroit as headquarters of Students' Christian Association. Leased by U-M as classroom in 1921; gift to U-M from SCA in 1937. Adapted as museum in 1928, named the Francis W. Kelsey Museum of Archaeology in 1953. On verso: Left: West Hall; Center: Site cleared for Helen Newberry Residence; right: Newberry Hall. Later Archeology Museum
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
East stack. Albert Kahn, architect. Selden Breck contractors built stacks 1916-1918. Construction of General Library Building authorized June 1916. Two stacks built at right angles to 1898 stacks, which were retained. In 1918 Old Library was demolished and front (north side) of General Library begun. Completed in 1920. Photograph mounted on linen. From construction photo album received by Buildings and Grounds
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. E. H. Kraus Natural Science Bldg. Construction. no. 179
Photographer / Artist
Lyndon Photo (Ann Arbor)
North facade. Albert Kahn, architect. Irwin & Leighton, contractors. Construction 1914-1915. Building named for Edward H. Kraus. Image mounted on linen. One of series of construction photos taken by Lyndon for contractor and given to UM Building & Grounds. On image: Science Bldg., Ann Arbor. Dec. 18, 1914. Irwin + Leighton
UBImu D13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Waterman Gymnasium, Construction and interiors. no. 316
E.W. Arnold, architect. Built 1894. Funded by a challenge grant of $20,000.00 by Joshua W. Waterman of Detroit with contributions from others, including students, and funding from the Regents. Addition completed in 1916. Demolished in 1977 to make room for the expansion of the adjacent Chemistry Building.