Professors' Houses. North University Ave. East Residence
University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
Bentley Historical Library (collector)
Folder / Container / Volume
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Dental Bldg. 1891-1908 on N. University Ave.); 1877-1901 Pavilion Hospital with amphitheatre wings . no. 166
Built 1840. Professors' Houses (East Residence) 1840-1868. University Hospital 1868-1891. Additions in 1877 and after in the form of two parallel wings built out from back of house and several additions onto them. Dental College 1891-1908. Building removed 1908. Replaced by new Chemistry Building 1910On verso in two hands: (1) Looking at 2 prof. houses at this time both converted into a) Univ. Hosp. & b) Homeo. [Homeopathic] School (2) R.C. Smith.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
UBImu D13. Folder: Campus Buildings. University Hall; opening the cornerstone, 1950. no. 305
Photographer / Artist
University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
Jenison, Edward S., architect. On verso: Vera B. Baits (l.), Pres. A.G. Ruthven (c.), and Regent R.O. Bonisteel (r.) examining the contents of the copper box from the cornerstone of University Hall in the Regents confrence room, Administration Building
Smith, Hinchman & Grylls, architects. Bryant & Detwiler, contractor. In 1951/1952 Haven Hall (south side) and Mason Hall (north) were added to the east or diagonal side of Angell Hall. Southeast corner in image.
York and Sawyer, architect. The Martha Cook Building was erected as a residence for women in 1915, a gift of William Wilson Cook ('80) in honor of his mother, Martha Walford Cook. Garden replanted in 1921 by Samuel Parsons of New York City.