Photo of architectural rendering, The Arcaded View of the Lawyer's Club, from the Interior Court
Law School (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Law School.
Folder / Container / Volume
Drawings & Blueprints, oversize
Photographer / Artist
John Wallace Gillies (New York, NY)
York and Sawyer, architect, in consultation with William W. Cook and Dean Henry Bates. The Lawyer's Club, along with some connected dormitories, was completed in 1924, the first of four buildings William W. Cook gave to form the Law Quadrangle. The additional three buildings comprising the Law Quadrangle with their construction dates are: the John P. Cook Dormitory, 1930; the Legal Research Building, 1931; and Hutchins Hall, 1933. In January 2012, the Law Quadrangle was enlarged with the addition of South Hall and Aikens Commons.