Museum of Art with banners for Asian art exhibition (June 1984?)
Museum of Art (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Museum of Art.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Exterior-building, Alumni Memorial Hall
The University of Michigan's art collection moved into Alumni Memorial Hall in 1910. The Museum of Art (also referred to as UMMA) moved into Alumni Memorial Hall in 1946 upon its separation from the Museum of Archaeology and establishment as an individual administrative unit. From 2006-2008, the architectural firm Allied Works Architecture renovated the museum quarters in Alumni Memorial Hall and added the Maxine and Stuart Frankel Family Wing.