Alumni Association (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Alumni Association.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Dormitories, Mosher- Jordan, Interiors
Malcolmson & Higginbotham with Alexander L. Trout ('05, '10e), architects. Mosher-Jordan Halls, the first large women's dormitory at the University of Michigan, was completed in the summer of 1930. The residence consists of two separate halls with a shared kitchen. The building was named in honor of the first two deans of women, Eliza M. Mosher and Myra B. Jordan. The halls were renovated and a new dining center was added in 2008 by the architectural firm Goody Clancy & Associates.
Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Built in 1925 and originally called the Central Residence for Nurses. In 1931, the name was changed to Couzens Hall. In 1956, an addition to the east end of the building was completed by R. A. Calder.