Law Quadrangle under construction (View of Main Entrance to Club and West End of Dining Hall), 8/21/1924
Law School (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Law School.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Views, 1923-24, Construction of Quadrangle
York and Sawyer, architect, in consultation with William W. Cook and Dean Henry Bates. The Lawyer's Club, along with some connected dormitories, was completed in 1924, the first of four buildings William W. Cook gave to form the Law Quadrangle. The additional three buildings comprising the Law Quadrangle with their construction dates are: the John P. Cook Dormitory, 1930; the Legal Research Building, 1931; and Hutchins Hall, 1933. In January 2012, the Law Quadrangle was enlarged with the addition of South Hall and Aikens Commons.
40566: 3rd Bn. Headquarters, housed in a box car. Troops of the 3rd Bn. have been engaged on the Vologda Railroad Front continuously since the day they landed. In the picture right to left: Lieut. Lewis Jahns, Adjt., 2nd Lt. Adolph Anselmi, Signal Officer, Lieut. N.C. Hallock, Intelligence Officer; Corpl. C.J. Barnum, Pvt. J.W. Phillips, Pvt. Harold H. Holliday, Sergt. Maj. Ernest Reed, of Hdqrs. Det.; Verst Railroad line to Vologda, Russia, 15 November 1918
United States Army Signal Corps photograph collection
United States. Army. Signal Corps.
Box / Drawer
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.