2 photos pasted onto Jahn & Ollier Again advertisement (p. 75) of 1924 Martha Cook Annual, incl. snapshot portrait of Asha and one titled "The long and the short of MCB"
A. Grace Edmonds scrapbooks
Edmonds, A. Grace.
Folder / Container / Volume
The Martha Cook Annual 1924
York & Sawyer, architecture firm. Construction begun in 1911, completed 1914. Located on a block between South University Avenue and Tappan Avenue. The Martha Cook Building was erected as a residence for women, a gift of William Wilson Cook ('80) in honor of his mother, Martha Walford Cook. Land to the east of the original building site (the old Condon home) was purchased in 1918 as a garden area.
Garden replanted in 1921 by Samuel Parsons of New York City. Statue of Portia above door was sculpted in marble in the Piccirilli Studio, N.Y.; donated by Cook in 1918.