Automotive Lab classroom in Engineering Annex [Engine X-12], Fall 1950
University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
Bentley Historical Library (collector)
Folder / Container / Volume
UBImus C450-85 University Museums Staff
The first Automotive Engineering Laboratory building was completed in 1937. A second building, designed by architect Giffels & Vallet, was completed in 1955 and renamed in honor of Professor Walter E. Lay in 1974.