In the Press Room of the Detroit News [new press room]. Caption: "The 1917 building was the most modern in the world at the time and visited by people from all over the world. The pressroom was in use for 50 years, until 1973."
Looking west from Martha Cook over construction of Law Quadrangle [#82]
Law School (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Law School.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
20: Law School Building Architectural Ornaments
York & Sawyer, architecture firm. Given to the university by William W. Cook, the four original buildings comprising the Law Quadrangle with their construction dates are: the Lawyers Club, 1924; the John P. Cook Dormitory, 1930; the Legal Research Building, 1931; and Hutchins Hall, 1933. The Legal Research Building included the original library. In January 2012, the Law Quadrangle was enlarged with the addition of South Hall and Aikens Commons.