Third Floor Plan of Albert Kahn designed Museum Building, August 1957 (sheet 4 of 5)
Museum of Zoology (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Museum of Zoology.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Space Occupied by Museums and by Zoology Divisions, August 1957
Part of 5 hand-colored plans of the Albert Kahn designed Museum Building, gathered between covers.
Building opened in 1928 and originally called the University Museums Building, which housed four museums: Museum of Anthropological Archaeology, Museum of Paleontology, Museum of Zoology, and University Herbarium. Later housed the Museum of Natural History, which was officially created in 1956. Renamed the Alexander G. Ruthven Museums Building in 1968.