Flight instructor speaking with Lemuel Custis, Mac Ross, Charles DeBow, Colonel B.O. Davis, Jr., and Spanky Roberts - the men who became the first commissioned officers and Air Force pilots who graduated from Tuskeegee Air Base, July 1942
Groups of people seated below umbrellas in Michigan Union courtyard
University of Michigan News and Information Services Photographs
University of Michigan. News and Information Services. Photographs.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Allen B. and Irving K. Pond, of Chicago, architects. Construction for the Michigan Union began in 1916. Previously, the renovated residence of Judge Thomas M. Cooley was used as the Union clubhouse. Before the four-story building officially opened for student use in 1919, it was used in a partially finished state as a barracks for the Students' Army Training Corps. By 1925, the pool in the basement and the library on the second floor of the building were completed. Several additions were made to the Union in the 1930's and 1950's.
Folder: UM-Buildings & Views-Law Quad & Old Law Bldgs.
Photographer / Artist
Ivory Photo (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
Jordan & Anderson, architecture firm. The Law Building was built in 1863 on the corner of State Street and North University Avenue. In 1863 it was occupied by the Law School, the University Chapel (until 1873) and the General Library (until 1883). Renamed Haven Hall in 1933 when the Law School moved to Hutchins Hall and the Law Library to the Legal Research Building in the Law Quadrangle.
5 x 7 inch negative; 8 x 10 inch print 1983 Sturgis