Back Row: Ray Roberts (trainer), Earl Martineau (Backfield coach), Cecil Freihofer, Jack Weisenburger, Dick Rifenburg, Quentin Sickels, Jerry Brielmaier, Warren Bentz, Benny Oosterbaan (End Coach), Clarence Munn (Line coach)
3rd Row: Henry Hatch (Custodian of Equipment), Tom Peterson, Harold Watts, John Lintol, George Burg, Tom Swift, Roger Chiaverini, Eugene Derricotte, Rawland Sylvester (Manager)
2nd Row: Ed Grier, Charles Wahl, John Weyers, Bill Culligan, Art LeRoux, Howard Yerges, Howard Mehaffey, Ralph Chubb
Front Row: Milan Lazetich, Bruce Hilkene, Joe Ponsetto, Fritz Crisler (Coach), Don Lund, Art Renner, Clem Bauman
Dept. of Physical Education for Women (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Dept. of Physical Education for Women.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Allen B. and Irving K. Pond, of Chicago, architects. Construction for the Michigan Union began in 1916. Previously, the renovated residence of Judge Thomas M. Cooley was used as the Union clubhouse. Before the four-story building officially opened for student use in 1919, it was used in a partially finished state as a barracks for the Students' Army Training Corps. By 1925, the pool in the basement and the library on the second floor of the building were completed. Several additions were made to the Union in the 1930's and 1950's.
John Scott & Company, architecture firm. Barbour Gymnasium (for women) was attached to the north side of the Waterman Gymnasium. Built during 1895 and 1896. Demolished in 1977 to make room for the expansion of the Chemistry Building.