UBImu D13. Folder: Campus Buildings. University Hall; old dome (1872-1896). no. 299
Jenison, Edward S., architect. Typed and attached to verso: North Wing or Mason Hall, part of which is visible at the left, wasthe first university building, erected in 1841. South Wing or South College, at the right, was built in 1849. The central section was completed in 1873. University Hall contained offices of administration, a large auditorium, and classrooms. It was razed in 1951.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.