Group Students posed in front of Lane Hall, U-M YMCA Building, ca 1929?
Athletic Department (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Athletic Dept.
Folder / Container / Volume
Otis and Clark (Chicago, Ill.), architecture firm. Lane Hall opened on March 2, 1917 and was named after Victor H. Lane, member of the Law School faculty and former Y.M.C.A. President. The building was used for Y.M.C.A. student programs. Control of the building was passed on to the Student Christian Association until 1936, when the organization gave the site, along with Newberry Hall, to the University of Michigan. Control of the building was then passed to the Student Religious Association.
[original loaned for scanning, German O'Mara, front left marked with X on collar]