The University of Michigan never owned McMillan Hall but it did serve the campus community. "For many years the Y.M.C.A. had rented Sackett & McMillan Halls on State Street three blocks north of the campus, from the Presbyterian Church, ..." (source: Encyclopedic Survey, p. 1669). The Y.M.C.A. moved into Lane Hall upon its opening in 1917.
Photograph of drawing by Benno Rohnert. On verso: "Center- First Engineering Bldg. Brick & frame 1881-82. Right-Abandoned campus carpenter shop moved against west side 1883 and used for wood shop. Left-First unit of 3 story brick building started 1885" Original two buildings removed in 1888.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.