Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Opened in 1928 and originally called the University Museums Building, which housed four museums: Museum of Anthropological Archaeology, Museum of Paleontology, Museum of Zoology, and University Herbarium. Later housed the Museum of Natural History, which was officially created in 1956. Renamed the Alexander G. Ruthven Museums Building in 1968.
5 x 7 inch negative; 8 x 10 inch print 1983 Sturgis.
Rackham Educational Memorial Building, Detroit, erected 1941
University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
Bentley Historical Library (collector)
Folder / Container / Volume
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Horace H. Rackham Educational Memorial Building (Detroit), exteriors. no. 206
Photographer / Artist
University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
Harley & Ellington, architects. W.E. Wood Co., contractor. Built from July 1940 to January 1942. Built jointly for the Engineering Society of Detroit and the University as an Extension Service facility in Detroit. Funded by the Horace H. and Mary A. Rackham Fund. Sculptures on exterior by Marshall Fredericks.
UBImusE225. Folder: Special Events: Freshman Sophomore Rush. no. 350
Male students with their faces painted and chests inscribed to read Michigan 1911. These students are surrounded by other students in suits and ties. There is brief message on the verso of the postcard.