UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. West Engineering Annex 1988-1900 (addition with tower) views. no. 318
Gordon William Lloyd, architect. Constructed in 1885, occupied in 1886. Two additions were completed; the first in 1888 and the second in 1900. In 1918, clock and chimes were removed from the Old General Library and installed in the building's tower. In 1926, the building name was changed from Engineering Shops to West Engineering Annex. Removed in 1956 to allow for the construction of the Undergraduate Library.
On verso: "Engineering Shops."
[Image is a copy print.]
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
Student Health Services building from 1921-1940. Previously, from 1913-1921, Student Health Services occupied a building on the future site of the Burton Memorial Tower. A new Health Service building adjacent to the W. K. Kellogg Institute building was completed in 1940.