UBImu D13. Folder: Campus Buildings. University Hall; opening the cornerstone, 1950. no. 305
Photographer / Artist
University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
Jenison, Edward S., architect. On verso: Vera B. Baits (l.), Pres. A.G. Ruthven (c.), and Regent R.O. Bonisteel (r.) examining the contents of the copper box from the cornerstone of University Hall in the Regents confrence room, Administration Building
Smith, Hinchman & Grylls, architects. Bryant & Detwiler, contractor. In 1951/1952 Haven Hall (south side) and Mason Hall (north) were added to the east or diagonal side of Angell Hall. Southeast corner in image.
York and Sawyer, architect. The Martha Cook Building was erected as a residence for women in 1915, a gift of William Wilson Cook ('80) in honor of his mother, Martha Walford Cook. Garden replanted in 1921 by Samuel Parsons of New York City.