UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Kelsey Museum of Archaeology, Construction. no. 213
Cornerstone laid May 26, 1888; dedicated June 1891. Gift of Helen H. Newberry of Detroit as headquarters of Students' Christian Association. Leased by U-M as classroom in 1921; gift to U-M from SCA in 1937. Adapted as museum in 1928, named the Francis W. Kelsey Museum of Archaeology in 1953. Person in image.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
UBImu D13. Folder: Campus Buildings. University Hall; new dome (1872-1896). Views from west, 1898-1924. no. 303
Photographer / Artist
George R. Swain (Ann Arbor, MI)
Jenison, Edward S., architect. Left foreground is Old Law Bldg. and behind it is Natural Science Building. Chemistry Building is behind University Hall. Right background is old Observatory. Photographer's stamp on verso: G.R. Swain, 713 East University Ave., Ann Arbor, Mich.
Albert Kahn, architect. Building completed 1924. Named James Burrill Angell Hall. Sometimes called Literary College. Interior ceiling decorations: Di Lorenzo Studios, N.Y. On verso: G.R. Swain, 713 East University Ave., Ann Arbor, Michigan. #9103. Woman seated on bench in distant background. Photo torn.