Chamberlin & Austin, architecture firm. The westernmost of two similar buildings built in 1891 on Catherine St. (The eastern building had a rounded north facade; this building a straight north facade). From 1900-1925, the eastern building housed the Surgical Ward and the western building housed the West Medical Ward. From 1891-1900, the western building housed the Homeopathic Hospital (also called the Medical Ward); 1925-1927, the Convalescent Ward. Destroyed by fire in 1927. At corner of present day Catherine and Glen (Victor Vaughn residence).
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.