Pond & Pond with Martin & Lloyd, architects. The Michigan League opened on May 4, 1929. To eliminate confusion between the Women's League as an organization and the Michigan League building, the administration of the building and the student organization were combined under the title Michigan League in 1934-35. In 1992, the Michigan League became one of three University Unions. The Lydia Mendelssohn Theater is within the Michigan League.
On verso: "Located in the culture center of the campus, The Michigan League is a center for educational, cultural and social events, with hotel accommodations, dining and conference rooms as well as many other services."