View toward north. Steel framework for roof of building nearly complete. Exterior limestone on second floor. No. 18 of chronological series of construction photographs, numbered 1 to 32. Smith, Hinchman & Grylls, architects. W.B. Wood Co., construction
So. Univ. & State the day of the Chicago game, Nov. 13
University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
Bentley Historical Library (collector)
Folder / Container / Volume
UBImusD13. Folder: Michigan Union (built 1919), exterior views. no. 246
Allen B. and Irving K. Pond, of Chicago, architects. Construction for the Michigan Union began in 1916. Previously, the renovated residence of Judge Thomas M. Cooley was used as the Union clubhouse. Before the four-story building officially opened for student use in 1919, it was used in a partially finished state as a barracks for the Students' Army Training Corps. By 1925, the pool in the basement and the library on the second floor of the building were completed. Several additions were made to the Union in the 1930's and 1950's.
Image shows view from southeast toward State Street.
Wahoo Base Ball Club of Dexter, Mich. vs. Ann Arbor BB Club
Edith Wheeler photograph collection.
Wheeler, Edith M.
Folder / Container / Volume
On verso: Back row, left to right: 1. Irving Keal R.F. 2. Geo. Hostler C. 3. Ed Appleton 3B 4. Geo. Smith 2B 5. Byron Tyler 1st B 6. Geo. Presley CF 7. Eugene Beal SS 8. Henry Ewing P 9. Ed Hoyt LF. Matted oval 7x5 1/4 photoprint.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
Alden B. Dow Associates, architecture firm. Constructed in 1968.
On verso: "In its lovely setting on the beautiful campus of the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, the Administration Building typifies the esthetic and utilitarian union achieved at this great institute of higher learning."
Smith, Hinchman & Grylls Associates, architecture firm. Built in 1963.
On verso: "On the North Campus of the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, consists of three structures; a central office building, a laboratory unit and a high bay laboratory facility connected by underground corridors."
Eero Saarinen, architect. The building, located on the university's North Campus, was completed in 1964 and originally called the School of Music Building. In 1975, the name was changed to the Earl V. Moore Building after the former dean of the School of Music. The Margaret Dow Towsley Center, an addition to the Moore Building, was dedicated in 1985.
On verso: "On the North Campus of the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, Michigan, this air-conditioned and sound proofed building occupies a gently sloping hill above the Huron River. Designed by Eero Saarinen and Associates, it contains the administrative and faculty offices, as well as a most complete range of the facilities for the school of Music."