verso: Iron Furnace erected in 1872-commenced manufacture of pig iron in June, 1873. Made 30 tons of pig iron daily. The furnace in blast 478 days, averaging 39,913 tons daily for the entire year, Oct. 18, 1879. "Steel Associates Bulletin."
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
Alumni Association (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Alumni Association.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Alumni Memorial Hall, exteriors
Donaldson & Meier, architecture firm. The building opened in 1910. It houses the headquarters of the Alumni Association and the Michigan Alumnus and contains and the Alumni Catalog Office. Art collections and activities, including classes and exhibitions, have been held in the building since its opening. Its social function was, in the course of time, reduced to the use of a large room in the basement for the University Club, a faculty organization which later moved to quarters in the Union. The Department of Fine Arts held classes in Alumni Hall until 1949. The Museum of Art moved into Alumni Memorial Hall in 1946 upon its separation from the Museum of Archaeology and establishment as an individual administrative unit.