Pond & Pond with Martin & Lloyd, architects. The Michigan League opened on May 4, 1929. To eliminate confusion between the Women's League as an organization and the Michigan League building, the administration of the building and the student organization were combined under the title Michigan League in 1934-35. In 1992, the Michigan League became one of three University Unions. The Lydia Mendelssohn Theater is within the Michigan League.
On verso: "Located in the cultural center of the campus, The Michigan League is a center for educational, cultural and social events, with hotel accommodations, dining and conference rooms as well as many other services."
Alumni Association (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Alumni Association.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Alumni Memorial Hall, exteriors
Donaldson & Meier, architecture firm. The building opened in 1910. It houses the headquarters of the Alumni Association and the Michigan Alumnus and contains and the Alumni Catalog Office. Art collections and activities, including classes and exhibitions, have been held in the building since its opening. Its social function was, in the course of time, reduced to the use of a large room in the basement for the University Club, a faculty organization which later moved to quarters in the Union. The Department of Fine Arts held classes in Alumni Hall until 1949. The Museum of Art moved into Alumni Memorial Hall in 1946 upon its separation from the Museum of Archaeology and establishment as an individual administrative unit.