Tappan School on East University, built 1883 (A-706)
Sam Sturgis photograph collection
Sturgis, Sam, collector
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Built in 1883 by the City of Ann Arbor as a public school building and known then as both Tappan School and the 6th Ward School. Purchased by the University of Michigan in 1922. The building was eventually demolished in order to make room for the new Physics and Astronomy Building.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.