Bernard Green (UM Eng. 1891) of the Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland, lead architect. Also known as "The Big House," excavation for the stadium began in September 1926 and construction was completed by October 1927. Previously, Michigan football games were held on Ferry Field. The stadium has undergone numerous improvements and renovations, which include an expansion project by the architectural firm Venturi, Scott-Brown and Associates in 1997; and another renovation and expansion project by the firm HNTB Architecture in 2010.
Image shows final inspection before it's ready for use.
Athletic Department (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Athletic Dept.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Folder: Photos, 1943
[1943 starting lineup vs Camp Grant, men in Navy V-12 program, linemen, L-R: Art Renner, Merv Pregulman, George Kraeger, Fred Negus, Johnny Gallagher, Bob Hanzlik, Rudy Smeja; backfield, L-R: Paul White, Bob Wiese, Bill Daley, Elroy Hirsch]