Bernard Green (UM Eng. 1891) of the Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland, lead architect. Also known as "The Big House," excavation for the stadium began in September 1926 and construction was completed by October 1927. Previously, Michigan football games were held on Ferry Field. The stadium has undergone numerous improvements and renovations, which include an expansion project by the architectural firm Venturi, Scott-Brown and Associates in 1997; and another renovation and expansion project by the firm HNTB Architecture in 2010.
First floor plan, Michigan League, sheet 6, 14 November 1927 [revised three times after that]
Pond family papers
Pond Family (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Pond & Pond with Martin & Lloyd, architects. The Michigan League opened on May 4, 1929. To eliminate confusion between the Women's League as an organization and the Michigan League building, the administration of the building and the student organization were combined under the title Michigan League in 1934-35. In 1992, the Michigan League became one of three University Unions. The Lydia Mendelssohn Theater is within the Michigan League.