Michigan Stadium concrete repair project, north endzone, 2004
Athletic Department (University of Michigan) records
University of Michigan. Athletic Dept.
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
Folder: Concrete Repair, 2004
Bernard Green (UM Eng. 1891) of the Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland, lead architect. Also known as "The Big House," excavation for the stadium began in September 1926 and construction was completed by October 1927. Previously, Michigan football games were held on Ferry Field. The stadium has undergone numerous improvements and renovations, which include an expansion project by the architectural firm Venturi, Scott-Brown and Associates in 1997; and another renovation and expansion project by the firm HNTB Architecture in 2010.
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Burton Memorial Tower and Charles Baird Carillon. no. 147
Photographer / Artist
LINR Camera Shop (Lansing, Mich.)
Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Tower dedicated on December 4, 1936. Named for Dr. Marion LeRoy Burton, University President from 1920-1925. The carillon in bell chamber was donated in 1935 by Charles Baird, a former athletic director and University graduate of the class of 1895.
From left: Charles Baird (?), Alexander Ruthven, and foundry representative