Photographs, buildings, Catherine Street Hospital Buildings, ca. 1890-1925?
Chamberlin & Austin, architecture firm. The easternmost of two similar buildings built in 1891 on Catherine St. (The western building had a straight north facade; this building a rounded north facade). From 1891-1900, the western building housed the Homeopathic Hospital (also called the Medical Ward) and the eastern building housed the Allopathic Hospital (also called University Hospital). From 1900-1925, the eastern building housed the Surgical Ward; 1925-1944, the East Convalescent Ward; 1944-1950, the Rapid Treatment Center; and 1950-1965, the Institute for Social Research. It was removed in 1965.
Nursing students standing outside of UM Catherine Street Hospitals, ca. 1910
Lulu J. H. Eggleston scrapbook.
Eggleston, Lulu J. H. (Lulu June Heintz)
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
The Catherine Street Hospitals were built starting in 1891 with the Allopathic and Homeopathic Hospitals. The group expanded to approximately 20 buildings, including Palmer Ward and the Nurses Residence, until 1925 when the University Hospital was completed.
Back Row: Frank McHale, Miller Pontius, James Craig, Roy Torbet, assistant coach Henry Schulte, trainer Steve Farrell, coach Fielding Yost, captain George Thompson, assistant coach Smith, James Musser, Hiram Carpenter, James Raynsford, Cyril Quinn, Walter Paisley, Cassius Beechler
Middle Row: Ernest Hughitt, Ernest Allmendinger, John Jay, Charles Wyman, Stock, Maxo Hadden, Herbert Heubel, George Paterson, James Hancock, Smith, Donald Denison, Charles Barton, Stephen Wilson
Front Row: Donald Duncanson, George Maurer, Budd, Louis Bleich, Thomas Bushnell, Stone, Walter Cole, Otto Carpell, William Collette, Reuben(?) Peterson, Emil Tessin